Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Big 5-0!

The Big 5-0! What a day! Yes...that's right! I turned 50 this last weekend. And to tell ya the truth...I've never been happier! I have a great life. Great family, great friends, I love what I do and life is just pretty darn sweet!
My husband gave me a party with several family and friends attending. My grandson is "helping" me open my gifts. We all had a great time.

I actually asked for this party because a friend of mine didn't get the 50th birthday party that she wanted and then shortly afterwards, she passed away. So this party was more in her honor than in mine, as far as I was concerned. I wrote a toast to her and my daughter-in-law read it for me. It went like this "Thank you for celebrating with us tonight. A great big thank you to Deb F(I won't print her full last name) for inspiring this celebration. She may not have gotten the chance to celebrate with her family and friends but she made it clear to us how important it is to take these chances when we can. So love your kids, spoil your grandkids, appreciate your friends and give your spouse a big smooch. Cuz we don't know what tomorrow holds for us and we don't want to blow it while we're here. Here's to Deb."

I'm really thankful that we got together that night. We definitely won't wait for the next birthday to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story. And thank you for visiting my blog. This is the way we get to know each other and I feel close to you. I want to wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. May the NEW YEAR bring much love, peace and good luck to you and your loved ones. Dita

    ReplyDelete